When on a puréed diet, it’s harder to get protein in, but this soup may be the answer. Peas are not just 1 of your 5-a-day, they’re a good source of protein too!
- 20g butter (or 1 tbsp oil if making vegan)
- 1 (red) onion, diced
- 1 large (250g) sweet potato, diced
- 600mls stock
- 200g frozen peas
- 200g spinach
- 3 tbsps chopped mint
- 0.25-0.5 tsps nutmeg
- 4 tbsps single cream (optional)
- Melt butter in a large saucepan and fry onion until it’s soft.
- Add sweet potato to the pan with the stock, stir, bring to the boil. Reduce heat, cover, simmer until potato is soft (about 8-12 minutes depending on the size of pieces).
- Add peas, simmer for a further 2 minutes.
- Add spinach and mint, stir in as it wilts.
- Add nutmeg to taste.
- Take off the heat and whizz until smooth (add water if it’s too thick).
- Stir in cream if desired.
Makes 1 litre (serves 2-3)